Water Utility Customer Test
- 115 Total Parameters
- pH, Alkalinity, General Characteristics
- Chlorine Disinfection Byproducts, THMs
- Lead, Copper, Heavy Metals
- VOCs, SOCs, Inorganics
Designed for customers paying a water bill to a local utility. This package covers a wide range of potential threats that water systems sometimes miss, and some they can't catch.
With chronic under-funding of US infrastructure, more water systems have resorted to short cuts in testing and treatment that leave customers with water that is not as safe as it could be.
Treated water takes a 3-7 day journey to your home, through a network of aging pipes that sometimes introduces new contaminants into your water. Chlorine and Chloramine sometimes react with these and also create a class of carcinogens known as disinfection byproducts.
Ideal For Customers Who
- Are served by a water utility they have doubts about
- Live in a home built before 1986 or an area served by old infrastructure
- Are concerned about unregulated chemicals the water systems don't test for
Your Box Includes
Testing packages include sterilized water sampling vials, return shipping label, and testing instructions (also viewable here).
Once we receive your box at the lab, your Tap Score Report will arrive by email within 10 business days.
Your Tap Score Report Includes:
- Email and phone support from our highly qualified specialists for treatment questions or anything else.
- Detailed health risk analysis prioritizing contaminants by potential health risks.
- Specific contaminant-matched treatment recommendations if your water needs it.
- Automatically updated local water quality information for groundwater and water systems nearby.
Complete Parameters Listing
All testing is performed with EPA recommended testing methods
1,1,1,2 Tetrachloroethane, 1,1,1 Trichloroethane, 1,1,2,2 Tetrachloroethane, 1,1,2 Trichloroethane, 1,1 Dichloroacetone, 1,1 Dichloroethane, 1,1 Dichloroethylene, 1,1 Dichloropropene, 1,2,3 Trichlorobenzene, 1,2,3 Trichloropropane, 1,2,4 Trichlorobenzene, 1,2,4 Trimethylbenzene, 1,2 Dibromo 3 chloropropane, 1,2 Dichlorobenzene, 1,2 Dichloroethane, 1,2 Dichloropropane, 1,3,5 Trimethylbenzene, 1,3 Dichlorobenzene, 1,3 Dichloropropane , 1,4 Dichlorobenzene, 1 Chlorobutane, 2,2 Dichloropropane, 2 Hexanone, 2 Nitropropane, 4 Methyl 2 Pentanone, Acetone, Acrylonitrile, Alkalinity (as CaCO3), Allyl Chloride, Aluminum, Antimony, Arsenic, Barium, Benzene, Beryllium, Bromobenzene, Bromochloromethane, Bromodichloromethane, Bromoform, Bromomethane, Cadmium, Calcium, Carbofuran, Carbon Disulfide, Carbon Tetrachloride, Chlorobenzene, Chloroethane, Chloroform, Chloromethane, Chlorotoluene 2, Chlorotoluene 4, Chromium, cis 1,2 Dichloroethylene, cis 1,3 Dichloropropene, Color, Conductivity, Copper, Dibromochloromethane, Dichloroflouromethane, Dichloromethane, Diethyl ether, Ethylbenzene, Ethyl Methacrylate, Fluoride, Haloacetic Acids (Total), Hardness, Hexachlorobutadiene, Hexachloroethane, Hexane, Iron, Isopropylbenzene, Lead, Lithium, Manganese, Mercury, Methyl Acrylate, Methyl acrylonitrile, Methylene bromide, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Methyl Iodide, Methyl Methacrylate, Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether, m,p Xylene, Naphthalene, n Butylbenzene, Nickel, Nitrate (as N), Nitrobenzene, n Propylbenzene, Odor, o Xylene, Pentachloroethane, pH, p Isopropyltoluene (4 Isopropyltoluene), Propionitrile, sec Butylbenzene, Selenium, Sodium, Styrene, Sulfate, tert Butylbenzene, Tetrachloroethylene, Tetrahydrofuran, Thallium, Toluene, Total Dissolved Solids, trans 1,2 Dichloroethylene, trans 1,3 Dichloropropene, Trichloroethylene, Trichlorofluoromethane, Turbidity, Uranium, Vinyl Chloride, Xylenes (Total), Zinc
State of the Art Water Testing
- Tap Score is Precise - We tailor our testing packages to be focused on your water source type so that you don’t pay for things you don’t need.
- Tap Score is Smart - This isn't marketing fluff, read more about how our new and unique analysis can help protect your health.
- Tap Score is Complete - Unbiased, cost and contaminant optimized treatment advice from specialists who will provide you with appropriate choices for your water if you need them.
- Tap Score is Valuable - Tap Score is the only service that stays updated as available research and data improves.
Like all our packages, this is an informational testing package, which means you collect the samples and we provide the results and analysis. For the results to be valid for regulatory purposes, the sample must be collected by a professional, so let us know if that's what you require.