Private Well Test
- 157 Total Parameters
- pH, Alkalinity, Other General Characteristics
- Lead, Copper, Heavy Metals
- Industrial Contaminants
- Pesticides, Fungicides, and Fertilizers
- VOCs, SOCs, Inorganics
- Oil and Gas Compounds
- Includes self testing for Coliform Bacteria
Designed for customers getting their water from a groundwater well or other untreated source. Recommended by the Water Systems Council, our test protects the most vulnerable consumers of groundwater.
This is a professional laboratory screening for common naturally occurring hazards, industrial waste from agriculture, oil & gas, illegal dumping, and others. Groundwater customers are often concerned about bacterial contamination. This package includes a DIY self-testing kit for coliform bacteria (details below).
Ideal For Customers Who
- Are served by a private or shared well.
- Are served by a very small community water system.
- Have young children or other vulnerable individuals in their home.
- Have not tested their well water recently and found it to be safe.
Your Box Includes
Testing packages include sterilized water sampling vials, return shipping label, and testing instructions (also viewable here).
Once we receive your box at the lab, your Tap Score Report will arrive by email within 10 business days.
Your Tap Score Report Includes:
- Email and phone support from our highly qualified specialists for treatment questions or anything else.
- Detailed health risk analysis prioritizing contaminants by potential health risks.
- Specific contaminant-matched treatment recommendations if your water needs it.
- Automatically updated local water quality information for groundwater and water systems nearby.
Self Testing for Coliform Bacteria
With our Included bacterial testing kit you can quickly analyze your water for the presence of coliform, a common indicator of pathogenic contamination. The testing vial includes a bacterial growth powder that will react with your water sample. Observe the change in color after 48 hours you will be able to detect the presence of coliform bacteria in your water.
DIY Kits are not endorsed by us or the EPA for the testing of chemicals in drinking water, but they are a handy solution for basic bacterial testing. Ask about our professional bacterial lab tests if you think you are at a high risk for contamination.
Complete Parameters Listing
All testing is performed with EPA recommended testing methods
1,1,1,2 Tetrachloroethane, 1,1,1 Trichloroethane, 1,1,2,2 Tetrachloroethane, 1,1,2 Trichloroethane, 1,1 Dichloroacetone, 1,1 Dichloroethane, 1,1 Dichloroethylene, 1,1 Dichloropropene, 1,2,3 Trichlorobenzene, 1,2,3 Trichloropropane, 1,2,4 Trichlorobenzene, 1,2,4 Trimethylbenzene, 1,2 Dibromo 3 chloropropane, 1,2 Dichlorobenzene, 1,2 Dichloroethane, 1,2 Dichloropropane, 1,3,5 Trimethylbenzene, 1,3 Dichlorobenzene, 1,3 Dichloropropane , 1,4 Dichlorobenzene, 1 Chlorobutane, 2,2 Dichloropropane, 2 Hexanone, 2 Nitropropane, 3 Amino 1,2,4 triazole, 4,4 DDD, 4,4 DDE, 4,4 DDT, 4 Methyl 2 Pentanone, Acetone, Acrylonitrile, Alachlor, Aldrin, Alkalinity (as CaCO3), Allyl Chloride, Alpha BHC, Alpha Chlordane, Aluminum, Antimony, Arsenic, Atrazine, Barium, Benzene, Beryllium, Beta BHC, Beta Chlordane, Bromobenzene, Bromochloromethane, Bromodichloromethane, Bromoform, Bromomethane, Cadmium, Calcium, Carbon Disulfide, Carbon Tetrachloride, Chlordane, Chlorobenzene, Chlorobenzilate, Chloroethane, Chloroform, Chloromethane, Chloroneb, Chlorothalonil, Chlorotoluene 2, Chlorotoluene 4, Chlorpyrifos, Chromium, cis 1,2 Dichloroethylene, cis 1,3 Dichloropropene, cis Nonachlor, cis Permethrin, Color, Conductivity, Copper, Dacthal, Dibromochloromethane, Dichloroflouromethane, Dichloromethane, Dieldrin, Diethyl ether, Endosulfan I, Endosulfan II, Endrin, Endrin Aldehyde, Endrin Ketone, Ethylbenzene, Ethyl Methacrylate, Fluoride, Haloacetic Acids (Total), Hardness, Heptachlor, Heptachlor epoxide, Hexachlorobenzene, Hexachlorobutadiene, Hexachlorocyclopentadiene, Hexachloroethane, Hexane, Iron, Isopropylbenzene, Lead, Lindane, Lithium, Manganese, Mercury, Methoxychlor, Methyl Acrylate, Methyl acrylonitrile, Methylene bromide, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Methyl Iodide, Methyl Methacrylate, Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether, Metribuzin, m,p Xylene, Naphthalene, n Butylbenzene, Nickel, Nitrate (as N), Nitrobenzene, n Propylbenzene, Odor, o Xylene, PCB 1061, PCB 1221, PCB 1232, PCB 1242, PCB 1248, PCB 1254, PCB 1260, PCB 1262, Pentachloroethane, pH, p Isopropyltoluene (4 Isopropyltoluene), Propachlor OA, Propionitrile, sec Butylbenzene, Simazine, Sodium, Styrene, Sulfate, tert Butylbenzene, Tetrachloroethylene, Tetrahydrofuran, Toluene, Total Dissolved Solids, Toxaphene, trans 1,2 Dichloroethylene, trans 1,3 Dichloropropene, trans Nonachlor, trans Permethrin D6, Trichloroethylene, Trichlorofluoromethane, Trifluralin, Turbidity, Uranium, Vinyl Chloride, Xylenes (Total)
State of the Art Water Testing
- Tap Score is Precise - We tailor our testing packages to be focused on your water source type so that you don’t pay for things you don’t need.
- Tap Score is Smart - This isn't marketing fluff, read more about how our new and unique analysis can help protect your health.
- Tap Score is Complete - Unbiased, cost and contaminant optimized treatment advice from specialists who will provide you with appropriate choices for your water if you need them.
- Tap Score is Valuable - Tap Score is the only service that stays updated as available research and data improves.
Like all our packages, this is an informational testing package, which means you collect the samples and we provide the results and analysis. For the results to be valid for regulatory purposes, the sample must be collected by a professional, so let us know if that's what you require.